Learn how to troubleshoot data connection problems. When you use a 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE-enabled device in a 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE area, the device automatically scans for the best available network. The device will display 3G, 4G, H or LTE next to the signal bars when successfully registered on a 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE network.
To troubleshoot a network connection issue:
- Turn off your device, remove and then reinsert the battery, and then turn the device back on.
- Check the coverage for your area by using our interactive coverage map.
- Look for your SIM card and make it is inserted properly.
- Make sure your device supports 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE.
- Make sure your device has the latest software version.
- If you cannot connect to 3G/4G/LTE, perform a manual network selection using your device's user guide.
- If possible, see if another Roam Mobility 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE device in the area is working properly.
Also read: What data speeds can I expect to get?
Plans with unlimited throttled/2G speed data
If your plan includes an allotment of high-speed 4G LTE data as well as throttled/2G data, it is possible that you have used up all your high-speed data and are now being slowed to 2G speed.
We highly recommend enabling data usage tracking features or apps to better monitor and manage your data usage.